Friday, September 5, 2008

My Faith Is In Him

I just read an amazing verse while having my devotions tonight, "And Abram believed the Lord, and the Lord counted him as righteous because of his faith." Genesis 15:6

The story of Abraham has been so inspiring to me recently. It is such a wonderful display of faith. Abraham trusted God when He told him to leave his native country, even though he didn't know where he was going. Abraham believed God when He said that his descendants would be as many as the stars. Abraham trusted and obeyed God when he was told to sacrifice his son Isaac, whom he loved with all his heart. In these circumstances Abraham didn't know what the outcome would be. And I'm sure he most certainly did not understand why the Lord would have him sacrifice his son through whom his promised descendants would come. But through all of the uncertainty and confusion Abraham put his faith in God, and for that God considered him righteous.

I pray that every day my faith would grow stronger and stronger, and that I would become more righteous and Christ-like. Ironically, I am slowly beginning to see how God is building my faith as He blindly leads me by the hand. I love this relationship that I'm in with my precious Savior. The peace in my heart is something that I will never compromise for anything in the world.

No comments: