Friday, October 10, 2008

The Future

It just hit me the other day that the future is so unclear to us. I mean, I realize that this is kind of a duh statement. But it really hit me like a ton of bricks in a way that it never had before.

One day you think you have everything planned out...and them WHAM!!! God throws something into the equation that doesn't seem to equal out with what you had in mind.

I was listening to the Mark Schultz song "Walking Her Home" yesterday and it brought back some painful memories. It reminded me of the dreams I had for my future. Boy have those dreams REALLY changed!

God simply reminded me though that "in all things [He] works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." (Rom. 8:28) Whatever God has in store for me is going to be SO GOOD! And I know that I can trust Him with my life.

"When my plans have fallen through, and I don't know what to do...When the dreams I dreamed have died and I need a place to hide, I just look unto the hills whence cometh my help."

1 comment:

Melissa Phelps said...

come see me for the comment I wanted to put here but didn't