Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Soul Is At Peace

Well, we have one more service left of revival and I'm kind of sad. I've really been enjoying it. God has ministered to my heart for which I am grateful.

I used to hate revivals. I would always go into them with a heavy heart. Sometimes I knew that things weren't right in my life and I dreaded the conviction of the Holy Spirit. At other times I would be so nervous to think that God would find something wrong just to make me go to the altar. My perception of revival (and God) was so misconstrued.

Since then I have grown to know who God really is. I have grown in my understanding of Him. I have grown in my personal relationship with Him. My love for Him is overflowing!

This has been a very special revival for me. It is probably the first revival I ever remember going into with a deep sense of peace and happiness in my heart. I love having the peace of God rest in my soul. There is no greater feeling than this. It's interesting to think that I have learned more about who God is in the past several months than I have in my entire lifetime. God is truly faithful and satisfying to those who seek Him.

Recently God has revealed to me a concept that I haven't ever thought of before. I've been asking God to show me His will for my life; where He wants me to go, what He wants me to do. Well, God doesn't always just lay it all out for us on a map. The whole point of "living by faith" is so that we can learn to trust Him more. After understanding this I asked God to at least help me to know if where I'm at is where I need to be.
God asked me, "Is your number one desire to serve Me?"
I answered, "Yes."
He asked me a second question, "Are you walking in all the light that you know?"
Again I answered, "Yes."
He asked me a third question, "Have you committed your entire life into My hands?"
And a third time I answered, "Yes, Lord."
After asking these three questions God finally said, "Then you are exactly where you need to be. Confusion and uncertainty may fog your mind, but know that I am walking with you and leading you step-by-step."

Now of course God didn't speak all of this audibly to me, but through praying and reading His Word it couldn't have been more clear. I am so glad that the peace of God reigns in my heart! As Dr. Brown would say, "I'm happy in the Lord!"

2 comments:

Melissa Phelps said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Phelps said...

I"M NOT DEAD! I"M AT PEACE!!

i'm happy you are peaceful. it inspires me to strive for the same