Thursday, December 14, 2006

Finally alone...and lonely!!

So, yeah, those of you who have roommates, or have had them in the past, I'm sure you can relate to this.

First of all, my room is extremely small for two people, and it's amazing I've survived this long living with the same person for months now. Don't get me wrong, I love my roommate to death...but I'm the kind of person who needs a lot of alone time to be able to relax. I often find myself longing for those rare peaceful moments I spend in my room sitting in my butterfly chair, with the lights off, soft music playing and just being able to think.

This afternoon Brenda found out that her flight was leaving earlier than she thought and had to be at the airport around 2:30 pm. We got there, gave her her luggage, hugged, said our good-byes and left her at the door to venture on by herself. Great! I can look forward to having the room all to myself for the rest of the evening. That gives me plenty of time to meditate and reconnect with myself.

Immediately after getting back I went to my room and I had this sinking feeling in my stomach. Knowing that Brenda wasn't there made me feel extremely sad. I felt like crying that's how much I had already missed her. Anxiety hung over me like a dark cloud. I scrambled around my room packing my bags trying to forget about the empty feeling. ...Ok, this kind of solitude isn't exactly what I had in mind.

I was finally all alone...and terribly lonely.

No comments: